Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week of Feb 8th

Elder Wigginton: "This past week has been full of blessing, and struggles. I watch my investigators (the people he teaches) being blessed. And all of these are blessings to me - they have become the blessings that fill my life. It is as if the blessings that would normally be appropriated to my self-interest before the mission have now been translated into the blessing for others that I love." - What great joy this Elder must have. Rejoicing in the blessings that others have. Happy because others are being blessed. Do we look for ways to serve other people and to seek out blessings for them?


Elder Packer: "My favorite thing to do is throwing out commitments to people. Its interesting. Even if they don't accept it, they appreciate the offer. One guys I had to work with for about 10 minutes just to get the pamphlet in his hand and he didn't accept the challenge, but before we left, he said "thank you". You never know whether or not they will do it. They feel something and appreciate it most of the time. I'm trying to throw the commitment out to at least one person every day for the rest of my mission. It feels great" - When we are asking people to do something, we are inviting them to act. To test it out. If we never ask people to an activity, to come to church, to learn more from the missionaries, we cannot know if they will accept. What a great example this Elder is.

0 comments: