Sunday, February 8, 2009

Simple Ways to Share the Gospel


I really liked Cameron's talk today for those of you who heard it. Especially his missionary experience on a plane. His seat was next to a couple, and he was trying to decide whether to chat or plug in his ipod. They ended up chatting and he shared his testimony with them and gospel principles. He said something like: "I pray for missionary opportunities, but then I sometimes am not sure I really want to have them"


I guess the hardest part about sharing the gospel is not finding people with whom we can share it, rather having the boldness to open our mouths. But check out what Elder Holland said: "More important than speaking is listening. I promise you that something in what people say will always highlight a truth of the gospel abut which you can bear testimony". We are surrounded by people each and every day. But do we take advantage of the time we spend waiting in lines, running errands, at the store.... wherever it may be to talk to people and look for opportunities in something they say to bring up the gospel? I know that sometimes I just plug in my music or am in such a hurry that I regard people more as obstacles in my way instead of as my brothers and sisters who need the gospel as much as me. I would challenge you all to spend more time during each day searching for little opportunities to talk to people. Whether it be with the person in line behind you, or the lady at the bakery you go to, or wherever. Find out about them. What they are passionate about. And then tie it into the gospel.

0 comments: