Sunday, May 24, 2009

Change

Here are some bits from recent letters from Elder Packer and Elder Blue Star. They both make me think about how important it is that we are open to change and that we recognize the desire and ability to change in others. I think we all are trying to become better and help others become better too. I know that we can do it if we follow the examples of these great Elders and their great investigators!

"Jorg was very nervous that he would be unable to keep the commitment to follow Christ his whole life as he is 32 and has lots of set ways that he wanted to change but felt it would be very hard. Through the help of the Scriptures and the promise that he would receive heavenly aide through the Holy Ghost, he was able to overcome his fears and valiantly choose to enter the waters of baptism. I have a video that I attached of when he was just baptized in which he speaks of how he felt relieved of his old temptations and how great he feels. Very soon after the baptism, he left and went back to Holland. We received an email that he made it to church and the members ¨jumped for joy¨ when they received him. I am sure his talents and testimony will light up his branch in Holland and that Jorg will continue seeing miracles in his life thanks to his grand decision to choose the path of Christ.... the only path that leads to a fullness of everlasting joy." - Elder Blue Star


Jorg's Baptism








"We found a family a couple of nights ago, Nick and Crystal. We
actually found them about a week ago. We were tracting and this guy
was coming up the stairs and we said, “Hey, how’s it going?” He’s
like, “I just quit smoking,” and he was in a really bad mood and so we
gave him a pamphlet and said, “Cool, man,” and we started talking with
him and he said, “I gotta go,” and he just shut the door. So I’m like
“Ok. So I wrote in my planner that that guy was trying to make
changes. He’s quit smoking, so maybe he’ll like the gospel a lot. So
we went back over there a few days ago because I was thinking, if he’s
quitting smoking, then he’s a candidate for the gospel. So we went
over there and the guy was so cool. He was totally different because
he’s not trying to quit any more and he was in a much better mood. We
went over there last night and actually got in and taught him and his
wife Crystal and they are so cool." -Elder Packer

I love Elder Packer's story. He didn't push but he made a note to come back later. I love that the Spirit lets us know how to talk to people in the ways they need when they need.

0 comments: